Built using donations of funds and a bequeathed acre of land at the top of Mill Hill, Bridgeport Hospital has relied on philanthropy
as a cornerstone of its work since the late 1800s.
In the more recent past, two prominent groups became official fundraisers for the facility, the Bridgeport Hospital Auxiliary in
1959 and the Bridgeport Hospital Foundation in 1988.
Keeping high-quality patient care at the forefront, the hospital has made tremendous progress over the years, adding dozens of
new services and facilities. Many of these added features are supported at least in part by philanthropy.